Enrico Caruso & John McCormack(엔리꼬 까루소 와 존 맥코르맥) - Una furtiva lagrima(남몰래 흘리는 눈물)

by 마스티븐 posted May 02, 2013
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

+ - Up Down Comment Print

http://youtu.be/gmllpLx9WWs

Enrico Caruso & John McCormack

(엔리꼬 까루소 와 존 맥코르맥)

- Una furtiva lagrima(남몰래 흘리는 눈물)

I post this comparison not as a contest between the two singers, but rather for informative purposes. 

Both recordings were done under the Victor/HMV label:

McCormack's was recorded on 7 January 1910.

Caruso's was recorded on 26 November 1911.

It is interesting I think, to compare acoustic recordings of a spinto vs. a lyric voice.

My own analysis: the recording seems to capture Caruso's overtones better, but since we have no idea what kind of overtones he had in real life it is difficult to know for certain. All lyric tenors seem to have a similar sound when recorded on acoustic (compare McCormack with Gigli and Schipa here), although you can still distinguish them by their singing style, mannerisms, and the slight amounts of overtones which ARE captured.

On another note: In my opinion the best Caruso recording of 'Una furtiva' was the 1904 with piano. As far as his voice is concerned however, I would say Caruso's prime was in the years between 1906 and 1915, give or take a year or two. So 1911 would fall right into that time frame. He sounds fantastic here (despite the quality of the record).

동시대의 두 전설적인 테너를 비교 감상할수 있도록 

올려 놓은
1910년, 1911년의 귀한 음원을 들을수 있도록 

수고 하신분께도 감사 하구요,

유투브에서 감상 평을 보면 두 동시대 전설적인 테너의 팬들이 나뉘어져
있어 보입니다만 각자 취향에 따라 다를수도 있음을 사람들의 흥미 유발을 위한것이지
두 테너는 전설 그 자체로 영원해야지 이렇게 감상 할수 있는 것이 고마울 뿐 입니다.

Articles

17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5