Somervell Guitars ?

by Collings posted Sep 29, 2009
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

+ - Up Down Comment Print
웹서핑 중에 Doug Somervell 이라는 제작가의 기타를 보았습니다.

이 제작가에 대한 정보나, 아래 페이지에 올려진 사진들에 대하여
어떻게 생각하시는지 궁금하네요.

제작가의 인지도나 그 작품들은 어떻게 평가되고 있는지
궁금해서 찾아보았는데, 딱히 정보가 없네요.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=139666&id=664138102&l=e1d31863af

좋은 자재를 썼다는 것 정도 느껴지는데 마감상태는 그리 좋아보이지 않군요.
브라질리안 규격 나오는게 없었는지 후판이 4pc구요.

가격정도도 알 수가 없고... 흠

Finally compete, this guitar was begun in 2000 and the label dates it as a 2008. The top is "German Spruce" with some grain figures known as Bear Claw. It is a very attractive spruce top with some nice color variations, the tight grain is remarkably even across the entire width. The back, sides, bridge, and head veneers are all from the same board of Brazilian Rosewood that my departed friend Ralph Vaughn gave to me for helping him move in the late 80's. He said it had been given to him by a friend 20 years prior to that. It is the very epitome of Brazilian Rosewood. Since this board was narrow the back is 4 pieces book matched on the center and flipped and matched on the outside. I bound this guitar with Curly Koa left over from a project for Paul Wilson several years ago. It's a striking yet very pleasing contrast and the curl just shimmers in the light helping to making this one of, if not my most, attractive guitars ever. The Neck is ribbon stripe Mahogany, perfectly quarter sawn, carbon fiber reinforcement rods for strength and a higher resonant frequency response . The head is attached with the "arrowhead" joint; but pointing in the opposite direction from the way Hauser did his. The fingerboard is top grade, jet black ebony with a high 'c' extension and it's bound in Koa with abalone side position markers at 5, 7 and 9. The sound hole rosette is of German origin as are the purflings. The bridge tie block is Elephant Ivory, Curly Koa and  purflings to match the bindings. The scalloped nut and the saddle are pre-ban documented Elephant Ivory.
The bracing pattern is a variation of a 7 fan Torres bracing system with a diagonal bar on the treble side and I have also incorporated some graphite reinforcement bracing in critical areas to increase stiffness and keep weight low. The bridge plate is cedar and tapers all the way out to the sides of the guitar.
Scale length is 660 millimeters. 54mm width at the nut. 2 1/4" string spacing at the bridge.
The tuning machines are temporary. I want the final customer to have a say in what tuners are purchased and that may have an affect on the final sale price. The pㅇst spacing is the standard 35mm. There are many excellent tuners available today and prices vary widely.

Articles

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5